Pre-File IRS Form 2290 for the Tax Year 2019-2020
IRS Form 2290 pre-filing, also called as 2290 early filing is preparing your IRS form 2290 tax return online before the IRS starts accepting returns for the tax year 2019-2020. When you pre-file 2290 online , you will receive your stamped Schedule 1 copy in the month of July 2019, once the IRS starts processing returns. IRS suggests truckers on advance filing for 2290 to avoid the peak tax filing season rush. This is also because early 2290 filing gives you enough time to save the money to pay your IRS HVUT .
When to Pre-File 2290 Tax?
The early 2290 filing begins from 01st May 2019 and extends till 30th June 2020. When you pre-file form 2290, the IRS will start processing your returns from 1st July 2019. You will get your stamped Schedule 1 copy once your returns are processed by the IRS on a first come, first serve basis.
Why 2290 Pre-Filing?
When you’re always on the road, you may find it difficult to pay your IRS HVUT before the last date. But when you do early 2290 filing, there is more time for you to prepare for 2290 renewal and find out the pre-file 2290 tax amount and prepare for it.
Below are a few of the advantages of 2290 pre-filing :
- Pre-file 2290 today and be the first to receive your Schedule 1 once IRS starts accepting returns
- Reduced preparation and processing mistakes on 2290 pre-filing
- You can edit your pre-file 2290 for 2019 returns before IRS accepts your returns
- Ample time to amend 2290 early filing if your form gets rejected by the IRS
- Reduced risk of late filing penalties
- No last minute surprises
For 2290 renewal, the IRS suggests preparing your IRS form 2290 with a certified e-file service provider, like eForm2290. When you do early 2290 filing, we will send your tax returns to the IRS and you’ll receive the Schedule 1 copy after the first week of July once the IRS accepts the returns.
Steps in 2290 Tax Preparation for 2019-2020 :
- Login or register with eForm2290
- Enter the vehicle information and EIN
- Choose the IRS form 2290 pre-file tax year
- Select the payment method - credit/debit, EFW or EFTPS
- Submit the pre-file 2290
When you file with eForm2290, we send you free fax, text and email alerts at no extra cost. Our #1 customer support staff can help you resolve any issues you may face when 2290 advance filing. We also offer free VIN correction along with free re-filing options if your 2290 tax preparation gets rejected by the IRS due to incorrect information.