Online Instructions For Filing Form 2290 with IRS EFTPS
IRS EFTPS Payment Instructions
IRS EFTPS is one of the most trusted payment method used to pay federal taxes. The IRS EFTPS (Electronic Federal Tax Payment System) is offered by the United States Treasury Department making it the most secure. There are many other payment options such as Electronic Funds Withdrawal (EFW), Credit/Debit etc.. but nothing trumps the accuracy and the effectiveness of IRS EFTPS. This is the reason why IRS EFTPS is the most advised payment method to file form 2290. If you own and use a heavy truck then it’s essential that you file your 2290 form before the due date.
The IRS HVUT (Heavy Vehicle Use Tax) is the tax form that you are supposed to submit with the IRS before the due date. The best part about using the IRS EFTPS payment is that both individuals and businesses can use them. You can schedule a payment for up to 365 days in advance using IRS EFTPS. This makes it really easy for truck owners and users to file their 2290 form online. You can make yearly scheduled deductions in order to make sure that you never miss out on the due date. You can also cancel scheduled payments for up to 2 days in advance.
Since the due date falls along with the financial year dates, IRS EFTPS is a very good option to plan your IRS HVUT payment accordingly. The tax period for this year, i.e, 2019-20 started on the 1st of July and will go on till the 30th of June 2020. You need to file your 2290 form if you own a vehicle that weighs 55000 pounds or more. If you plan on utilizing this truck for 5000 miles or above, then you need to file your 2290 form.
How to Make IRS EFTPS Payments?
In order to pay your form 2290 filing tax amount with the IRS using IRS EFTPS, you should register first. In order to enroll yourself for IRS EFTPS payment you should follow the below steps:
- Call 1-800-555-4477 and request enrollment.
- IRS would have sent you an EFTPS pin while your business is registered.
- Use the PIN and information like EIN to activate your enrollment. Also, provide banking details and contact information.
- Obtain 18 digit enrollment number which you can use for creating a password.
- If you choose to verify your banking information it will take 6-10 days for your service to be activated. If not you can start paying instantly.
- Login to https://www.eftps.gov/eftps/ and enter your enrollment number and password.
- You need to give the needed information such as EIN, 4-digit EFTPS PIN, bank account or last eight digits of your enrollment number and continue with the process to create your Internet Password.
It’s important that you ensure that the banking numbers provided are correct. If you have given a wrong account number you will be penalised for the attempted transaction. It is wise that you keep the option to verify your account details checked to avoid possible penalties. Once enrolled you can use IRS authorised websites like eform2290 to file your form 2290 online and get your schedule 1 copy. You can then easily make your tax payments using IRS EFTPS.
Get more form2290 Services