Every year, thousands of truckers and fleet managers gear up to file IRS Form 2290 and pay the heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax (HVUT) for using the American highways throughout the tax year.
It is important to make timely payment of your taxes to stay clear of late filing penalties. Thanks to e-filing platforms like eForm2290.com, taxpayers can easily stay ahead of the curve and pre-file their 2290 forms without hassles.
There are many reasons why people pre-file form 2290. Here’s why:
- Pre-filing allows you to file form 2290 and pay the HVUT Tax amount later
- Avoid rush hours during the peak filing season and e-file without hassles
- Get more time to correct your rejected return before the deadline
- Receive your IRS Stamped Schedule 1 Form 2290 before everyone else
- Pre-filing allows you to plan ahead and save money for your HVUT tax
- Avoid the risk of incurring late filing penalties
- Get timely customer support without having to wait
- Avoid last-minute filing errors that lead to form rejection
- More time to collect all the information and review them before submission
Keep in mind that even if you pre-file your form 2290 online, the IRS will start processing 2290 returns from the first week of July 2021 on a first-come, first-serve basis. But unlike other e-filers, you will receive your IRS stamped form 2290 schedule 1 copy before everyone else.
When can you start pre-filing your form 2290?
You can start pre-filing your form 2290 for the tax year 2020-2021 from May 1st, 2021, till June 30th, 2021.
Although it is not mandatory for you to pre-file form 2290, you can opt for pre-filing if you are keen on avoiding the last-minute rush during the peak filing season.
How long will it take for the IRS to process the pre-filed 2290 form?
The IRS will start processing 2290 returns from the first week of July 2021 on a first-come, first-serve basis. When you pre-file your form 2290, you will receive your IRS stamped schedule 1 copy before everyone else.
Electronic filing has exponentially simplified the tax filing process for truckers and taxpayers across the States. To stay compliant and drive worry-free, we recommend that you pick an IRS authorized e-filing partner like eForm2290.com to pre-file your 2290 tax form and stay ahead of the curve. Our easy-to-use filing platform and 5-star rated customer support ensure that you get to pre-file your form within minutes!
Don’t wait! Start pre-filing your form 2290 today!